Saturday, March 18, 2017

IR Remote / ir-table help — no EV-KEY event

Hello,

I'm a noob trying to get an IR remote (Xbox 360 HD-DVD remote lying around) to work with Kodi. I'm running Kodi from RetroPie and I have a USB IR receiver. The USB IR receiver seems to work fine (the raspberry pi detects it with the mceusb driver. It's seemingly paired with the remote okay as well.

I'm trying to follow this guide

I'm able to create the file with the remote scancodes, but the remote doesn't work in Kodi or RetroPie. I think the problem might be related to the EV_KEY event type not showing up. When I press a button on my remote, I see an EV_MSC and an EV_SYN event, but no EV_KEY.

Any ideas why EV_KEY isn't showing up? It seems fundamental but I have no idea what the issue might be.

I'm very new to this so it's possible I did something dumb. I haven't tried LIRC. I just stumbled on the ir-table guide first so I tried that. Should I try using lirc? It's currently not installed. I also have inputlirc uninstalled.



No comments:

Post a Comment